Information we collect
Wilson’s Riverview Angling requires your personal information only in limited circumstances when you:
- Make an enquiry or reservation from our website, by email, by telephone or via a third party,
- Subscribe to our newsletter,
- Provide feedback or report a problem with this website.
You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with certain information or services.
How your information is used:
We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with applicable privacy laws. We may use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity and to assist you fulfil the bookings you have made through our website,
- Manage any other requests we receive from you,
- Assist with any of the services we provide to you via the Internet; e.g. secure payment options,
- Communicate with you on any offers or information which are likely to interest you.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. Having obtained your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this privacy notice or using any other specific mechanism we notify you of.
We will only use or disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you for the above-mentioned purposes, or:
- If you have authorised us to do so,
- If we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions,
- If we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others,
- If we are authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
We will not disclose your data to any other third parties except where it is necessary for the purposes of fulfilling any bookings, purchases or requests that you make on the telephone, website, or through one of our team members or as otherwise described in this policy. We may be required to disclose your information if required by any applicable law or regulation. We may also disclose your data to third parties and professional advisers acting on our behalf and who are obliged to keep that data confidential.
Storage and security
Personal information collected on this website is collected and held by Wilson’s Riverview Angling. We will take reasonable efforts to protect personal information that is held by us from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes. We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
Third party advertising and links to websites
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to applicable law. These include rights in certain circumstances to:
- access your personal information
- have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- erase your personal information (right to be forgotten)
- restrict our use of your personal information (including prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing)
- object to our use of your personal information (including objecting to decisions being taken by automated means)
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.
If you have a complaint or concern regarding your personal information and privacy, we would like to work with you to obtain a fair resolution. Please contact us using the details at the end of this privacy notice. But if you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to your local data protection authority.
Wilson’s Riverview Angling collects personal information about anglers when a booking is made. This information is only used to fulfil booking and other requests and for administrative purposes and internal analyses.
Collecting and Sharing Messages, Content and Information
Wilson’s Riverview Angling will not sell any of your information to any external company or person.
Wilson’s Riverview Angling reserves the right to store any of your information on local servers or via cloud services (e.g. MailChimp). We are not responsible for encrypting any of your information for any reason or responsible if your information is leaked due to a cyber attack or due to errors made by its employees.
Credit Card Information
Wilson’s Riverview Angling recommends only sharing your credit card information over media which are not likely to result in the information being digitally stored.
The use of the GetPaid app for secure credit card payments does not result in your credit card details being stored by Wilson’s Riverview Angling or Westpac Bank.
If you share your credit card information over email, or any other media that may cause it to be stored on local or cloud based servers, Wilson’s Riverview Angling is not obligated to destroy the credit card information. If you wish us to destroy any credit card information that you believe may be stored on a local or cloud server that Wilson’s Riverview Angling uses, please inform us of the information you would like destroyed and where it is being stored.
Wilson’s Riverview Angling exercises a moral duty of care to ensure your credit card information is stored, shared and used carefully, however, we are not responsible if your credit card information is leaked due to a cyber attack or due to errors made by its employees.
If you wish us to stop sending you newsletters or details of other offers and promotions please email us; you can reach us by contacting us at email@example.com.